The Best Wine Buzz in San Diego

The Best Wine Buzz in San Diego

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

San Diego Restaurant Week

I just got home from back-to-back trips to visit my parents and to Park City for the Sundance Film Festival, and while I had a great time, I was bummed that I had to miss San Diego Restaurant Week. Then I found out today that Restaurant Week has been extended and all the deals will be on through January 29. The event is a great way to try a wider variety of food and explore new places without paying the full price; more than 180 San Diego restaurants offer 3-course meals for $20, $30, or $40. Plus, where there is good food, there is usually good wine, and many restaurants have specials on their drink menus as well. I'm hoping to try out a new place this week; let me know if you have a recommendation in the comments below.

Coincidentally, this month's issue of San Diego magazine profiles six of the hottest new restaurants in the greater San Diego area, and two of them are having Restaurant Week deals: Roseville in Point Loma and 333 Pacific in Oceanside. Rounding out the rest of the Top 6 are The Red Door in Mission Hills, West Coast Tavern in North Park, Hane Sushi at Banker's Hill, and Cucina Urbana in Hillcrest. I discovered the latter this summer with one of my fellow wine fanatics, and we fell in love with the California Cuisine/Italian fusion menu, as well as the eclectic wine list. She liked it so much she had her birthday dinner there several weeks ago, and everyone who attended gave the restaurant rave reviews. I highly recommend trying it out, both for the food and to switch up your wine drinking routine.

No comments: